- The Y chromosome is one of the two sex-determining chromosomes in most mammals, including humans.
- The Yo-Yo was first made popular in the 1920s, and yo-yoing remains a popular game in many cultures. It was first invented in ancient Greece.
- Yale University of New Haven, Connecticut, founded in 1701, is the third oldest institution of higher education in the USA.
- Yahoo, the internet corporation, was founded in January, 1994.
- The Yukon Territory is where 100,000 people traveled in the 1897-99 Klondike Gold Rush.
- Yaffle is a European Green Woodpecker.
- Yoko Ono, Yul Brynner, and Yoyo Ma.
- Y Generation...also known as Millennials, born 1980 to 2000. Proficient with technology, often called digital Natives.
- Y-bones in a Northern Pike need to be removed for them to be safely edible.
- Does Yeti really exist?
- YMCA and YWCA
- Yellow ribbons tied around oak trees
- The currency symbol for the monetary unit of Japan known as the Yen is the yen symbol. It looks like a capital Y with two horizontal crossbars.
- The smallest unit of time is a yoctosecond.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Y is for Yellow Poplar Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy