- The 26th, or last, letter of the English alphabet.
- Zoos and Zebras
- Zenith and Zero
- Zesty, zillion, and zip code
- Zzyzx is a road in the Mohave Desert near Baker, California.
- Zzzzzzzzzzz's.......symbolizes snoozing.
- Razzmatazz, Pizzazz, Razzledazzle, Pizza
- The letter Z is worth 10 points in Scrabble
- ZEPHYR, a tobacco industry code word for lung cancer
- Zephyr, a gentle breeze from the west
- It is often said that New Zealand was the first place in the world to allow women to vote.
- Zebco closed fishing reels
- Zodiac - one of the ancient sciences that is practiced today is astrology. The ancient Egyptians created the zodiac signs by dividing the sky into 12 parts. The zodiac signs were named after the constellation that resides in each part.
- Zambezi River in Africa and Zimbabwe
- Zanzibar in East Africa produces cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and pepper, and the area is sometimes called the Spice Islands.
- Zimbabwe, a land-locked country in southern Africa
- Zeppelin (the rigid airship)
- Z - the sign of Zorro
- Zuiderzee was a shallow bay on the North sea northwest of the Netherlands. Its name means "southern sea" in Dutch. Zuiderzee hosted the 6-meter and 8-meter sailing events for the 1928 summer Olympics that were held in nearby Amsterdam.
- Zeus, king of the gods, god of the sky, thunder and lightning, and law, order and justice in Greek mythology. Greek artists portrayed Zeus in one of two poses: standing, striding forward, holding a thunderbolt in his right hand, or seated in majesty.
- Zero Tolerance, a form of policing that allows no crime or anti-social behavior to be overlooked.
Friday, September 28, 2012
Z is for Zelkova Tree, Japanese
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy