- Hawaii and its capital Honolulu
- H is the symbol for the chemical element hydrogen
- Heaven and Hell
- Hug, honey, hobby, haven, harbor, harmony, honesty, health, history, hearth, home, hero
- Harp, instrument of the angels
- Humane Society
- Hearing, healing, hurting
- 4-H Club.....Head, Heart, Hands, Health (youth organization designed to help kids develop leadership skills and do good works)
- Tongue Twister: In Huron, a hewer, Hugh Hughes, hewed yews of unusual hues. Hugh Hughes used blue yews to build sheds for new ewes. So his new ewes blue-hued ewe-sheds use.
- Hydrangea, hibiscus, heather, hollyhocks, and honeysuckle
- Second only to bone marrow, Hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.
- Hemp was the world's largest agricultural crop for 3,000 years up to 1883. The majority of fabric, soap, paper, medicines, and oils were made from Hemp.
- Famous Last Names: Hanks, Harrison, Hawking, Heston, Hepburn, Hitchcock, Hoffman, Houston, Hudson, and Holly
- The first letters of the names of the Great Lakes spell HOMES.
- Himalayas, the great mountain system of Asia, which include the highest mountains in the world. Himalaya is a Sanskrit name formed from hima (snow) and alaya (abode). The Himalayas stretch uninterruptedly for about 1,550 miles from west to east. Their width from south to north varies between 125 and 250 miles. Their total area amounts to about 230,000 square miles.
- Hula Hoops, manufactured in 1957. Approx. 25 million hoops were sold the first two months on the market.
Sunday, September 30, 2012
H is for Hawthorn Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy