Wednesday, February 16, 2011

March Flower: Daffodil

The daffodils are up.......upstairs, I mean. 

In our basement, lies a treasury of fabric flowers for all seasons.  A couple of days ago we brought up this sweet sprinkling can of daffies and placed it on our kitchen island. This mosaic sprinkling can charmed me the second I saw it sitting on a thrift store shelf.   Anything mosaic catches my eye, so this was one of those special finds I just had to bring home with me.

As the seasons change and new years unfold, I take apart wreaths and bouquets from previous years and transform them into entirely new arrangements.  Last year's bouquets won't be recognizable this year, although the flowers will be the same.  I take my trusty little pliers, snip off stems, mix new colors, add ribbons and greenery to create new patches of posies for around the house and patio.

It's fairly well impossible to be around daffodils and not feel a tickle of joy deep down inside.

Each time a Guardian Angel
sees a good deed being done--
A special springtime kindness,
or a prayer said for someone.
She plucks a star from heaven,
and it floats to earth until
it blooms in all its glory,
as a golden daffodil!
--Author Unknown


I'm a little daffy dill
Sent to earth to fill
A vase upon your window sill!
by Nature Weaver