Thursday, February 17, 2011

YouTube Classroom

YouTube is a great learning tool for those of us who are retired, but want to continue learning new things. 

The women in my ancestral past were fabulous weavers, and I grew up watching them work their looms turning balls of rags into amazing throw rugs.  So, it comes as no surprise that weaving holds a sacred spot in my heart and my hands.

Yesterday I watched a YouTube video showing how to finger weave a friendship bracelet.  Using eight strands of yarn and following closely the YouTube directions, I taught myself how to finger weave this red and white bracelet.  The next one will need to be woven tighter, but at least now I know how to maneuver the eight strands of yarn to end up with this pattern.

When I go to bed at night, it feels so incredibly good knowing that today I taught myself how to do something I have never done before.