Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life Lessons Learned

During the last week of each year, my brain kicks into a reflective mode.  I find myself thinking about all that has happened the past twelve months.  Some events bring us so much joy, and others bring us utter sadness.  The older we get, the larger our stockpile of life lessons becomes.  Today I ask myself what  have been some of the most important lessons life has taught me....
  • The only person I'm in charge of is me.
  • Peace of mind is priceless.
  • Be loyal to myself.
  • Be honest, but don't expect others to be honest back.  The world is a stage.
  • Work hard, save money, and be willing to live with less, if need be.
  • Laugh till it hurts. 
  • Betrayal is inevitable.
  • Respect all opinions.
  • Continue to learn. 
  • Mother Nature has comforting and healing powers.
  • True friends are as, or more, important as family.
  • Good health is wealth.
  • Be leery of those who are manipulative and use others to their advantage.
  • We will lose those we love, but we are given a strength (from somewhere) to endure the loss.
  • I must have a puppy to be completely happy.
  • Marriage is a transitional process.  First we fall in love, and then we fall into deep friendship.
  • Live right now.  Don't dwell on what was, or what might be.
  • It's okay to cry once in awhile.
  • Have fun with hobbies.  Creativity feels good.
  • Have lazy and crazy days and stay in p.j.'s.
  • Bottom line:  the only person that can make me happy is.... me.
Life is a lot like rolling a snow ball.  We take something with us from every experience we go through, and that's what shapes us into who we are.