Friday, October 29, 2010

Things that P___ (oops) Tick Me Off

I'm not even going to mention last night's World Series game.  The one where my Rangers once again got blottoed by the Friscos.  Lest we forget, tho, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.  The problem is, the fat lady's  walking out on the stage!

My mind this morning, for whatever reason, is focusing on the things that annoy me.  Just for the heck of it, here's a list of my most irritating gear grinders............

  • Shopping carts with a bad wheel - that's #1
  • Driving with the sun in my eyes, and the visor isn't big enough to block the blinding rays
  • How commercials are so much louder than TV shows
  • Drivers who ride my back bumper when I'm driving
  • Forks with tines that aren't perfectly straight
  • Here's to Pet Peeves!
  • Telemarketers and political campaign calls, doesn't matter what time of day
  • Trying to open a CD and can't break the cellophane that's sealed around the plastic case
  • Junk mail
  • Finding a hair in my food
  • A pen runs out of ink when I'm writing
  • Unclean public ladies' restrooms
  • People who cruise right on through stop signs
  • Hard erasers on pencils that smudge the paper
  • Cracking knuckles
  • When the string on the hood of my sweatshirt goes inside the hood
  • If you pee on the seat, wipe it off, please!
  • Drivers who blast their horn the instant the light changes to green
  • Wobbly tables
  • TV shows and commercials with ringing doorbells and phones, which make me (and the pooch) think the sound is coming from our house
  • When restaurant staff start clearing dishes away when I'm not finished eating
  • Magazine inserts
  • When I don't know the meaning of one of the "new-fangled" words, like bling-bling (which just yesterday I learned is what we used to call gaudy jewelry)
  • Not washing hands after using the restroom
  • Spitting (why do baseball players have to spit?)
  • Drivers who leave their blinkers on.....and, drivers who don't put their blinkers on at all
  • A tall person sits in front of me in a theater and blocks my view
  • Biased and nasty newspaper and television reporting 
  • Embarrassing television commercials, we all know which ones they are 
  • "Made in China" labels or Sri Lanka, or god knows where else -- everywhere except USA!
  • When our cable service goes down, and we have no television or internet
  • Etc. 

We're buddies, aren't we?
Today's Trivia:  In the 1700s, goats were used as companion animals to help settle race horses, keeping the notoriously skittish animals relaxed.  Taking a horse's pet goat away would have agitated and upset the animal, potentially influencing the outcome of a race.  Thus, the saying "gets my goat."