Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Puppy Love

Yesterday our fuzzy one went to the puppy salon with her daddy.  She came home looking sweet as a bug, sporting a haircut and pedicure.  She's a no-nonsense girl, so she doesn't get the bandanna and nail polish like most of the canine cuties. 

Have to go to the clinic to get my blood tested again today.  Checking the coumadin levels to prevent blood clotting.  Will have to do that for maybe four more weeks or so.  I'm now able to walk around the house without the walker, and that's really a big deal for me.  In only 3-1/2 weeks I'm able to do that with my new hip.  I'm tickled pink. Next week I go to see the surgeon and have an x-ray.  Am sure he'll be pleased to see how well I'm doing.  The trick is to do my physical therapy exercises faithfully every day.  That was the advice I kept hearing from others who have had their hips replaced, so I took their advice seriously.  The exercises that are the hardest to do are the ones that help build my leg muscles the most.  If I don't take care of myself and do what I'm supposed to do, well, then, I'll have to live with the consequences of my inaction.  It's that plain and simple.

The summer is slipping away, isn't it?  Last night temperatures fell into the 40s where we live.  Won't be long and the frost fairies will be flitting around frosting the branches and rooftops.  Leaves will begin to change from green to brilliant oranges, reds, and golds, and it'll be time to go for leaf-looking drives.  The last week in September we have reservations in lake country to celebrate our 43rd anniversary.  We'll pull our boat along so we can hopefully do some fishing.  By then I should be able to get in and out of the boat without too much trouble.  Ooooh, I can taste those fresh fried fish! 

We have our favorite haunts that we like to return to, but this year we're scouting out a new area.  We're excited.  Our fuzzy little one just loves to go places, and she's such a trooper when it comes to new experiences.  She goes right along with us in the boat fishing.  As long as she's with her momma and daddy, she's just fine.  We couldn't have found a better suited little buddy in the whole wide world than our little girl.  As all our friends and family know, she protects and pounces if anyone gets near me.  Of course, for me, it's just the greatest feeling in the world, knowing she loves me that much. 

The sky is the prettiest blue this morning and is the perfect backdrop for the arborvitaes that I see across the street in the neighbor's back yard.  It's hard to believe that it is really this late in the year.  My creative juices get crazy this time of year.  I feel like getting out my crochet hooks and finding new patterns.  Last evening I was browsing online and found some cute patterns for Christmas presents and/or hostess gifts.  We've been talking about maybe doing a couple of craft shows later on, but we'll have to see about that.  Both of us have more hobbies than sense, actually. 

My hubby baked banana bread yesterday, so I've got my eye on a slice slathered in butter for breakfast.  We had some bananas that we didn't want to go bad, so he whipped up a couple of loaves.  He took one loaf over to the new neighbors that moved in a couple houses down the street. 

Better scoot for today.  To my friends who follow my blogs, you have a great day and ta-ta till tomorrow.

Today's Trivia:  The average human produces 25,000 quarts of spit in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.