Thursday, October 25, 2012

Public Restroom Anxiety

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I do not care for the new public restrooms that serve both genders.  I'm simply not comfortable sitting beside the pottery designed for guys.  Despite gender equality, we gals have private matters to tend to, and the guys have theirs. I wouldn't imagine guys wanting to look at the sundry items that we leave behind anymore than we want to look at theirs.  

Not very long ago I felt the pang of restroom anxiety.  A gentleman was waiting to use the bathroom when I walked up.  He stepped back and politely offered that I go ahead of him.  I didn't want to be impolite, but I gotta say my urge to pee was nothing compared to my urge to flee.

Who made the decision to lower the national debt by combining public restrooms?