Sunday, October 28, 2012

Morning Shadow

Yowza, it's frosty this morning.  My first look out the upstairs window sent a screech through our house. Yippee, perfect Halloween weather.  Time for the spooks and goblins to poke their heads around corners and quickly disappear.

From where I'm sitting, I see a full-body skeleton dangling from the neighbor's front-porch overhang. The 5-foot spider with orange lights stretched over our front window adds its own drama.  Pumpkins scattered around houses and on porch steps, lit-up bats and witches all give our street a creepy look.  I love it.....just like I love Sunday mornings.  Wonder how many times I've said that in the last 2-1/2 years of blogging.  Perhaps the Sabbath descends its peace upon us, the load of labor is lifted, and our guilt button is turned off.  It's okay to be idle on Sunday.

Shadows lurk on our walls.  This curtain valance is on the east window of our kitchen, but its shadow is on the west wall of our kitchen.  Light is amazing.  Like the Halloween spooks and goblins, one minute a shadow is there.  The next minute it's gone.