- In Noah Webster's first dictionary (1806), there is only one word beginning with an X. The word is XEBEC, a small 3-masted Mediterranean ship first used by pirates and later for commerce.
- Nixon is the only U.S. President with an X in his last name.
- No U.S. state starts with X.
- X, indicates extra (XL=extra large)
- Generation X describes people born from 1964 to the late 1970s in the U.S. and Canada. They follow the powerful Baby Boomer generation that followed World War II.
- X = Roman Numeral for 10
- X-Chromosome - one of the two sex-determining chromosomes in both male and female mammals. The other is Y.
- Ex - former spouse
- X is sometimes used as a signature, typically by individuals who aren't able to write.
- Tongue Twister: Xylophones exist, or so existentialists insist.
- Xu, coin of South Vietnam
- The call letter for radio stations in Mexico is X.
- X's repressent kisses, like O's represent hugs
- The abbreviation Xmas, for the word Christmas, has Greek origin. The word for Christ in the Greek language is Xristos. Being it starts with the letter X, it was used in place of Christ and came to be the short form for the word Christmas.
- X - sign for railroad crossing
Saturday, October 06, 2012
Is there a Tree that Starts With X?
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy