- Vanilla - America's top-selling ice cream
- Venus, the second planet from the Sun.
- V = Roman Numeral 5
- Vermont and Virginia, the two U.S. States starting with V.
- Vim, vigor and vitality
- V-8 juice, venison, and vinegar
- Velvet - both mom's and my bridesmaid dresses were made of velvet.
- Virgo - the 6th astrological sign in the Zodiac. Symbol: Virgin maiden.
- VP and VIP
- Valentine's Day, Vincent van Gogh
- Veronica, one of the women from Jerusalem who followed Christ on His way to Calvary.
- Velveeta Cheese and V-neck
- Verdant pastures, Vespers, Vestibule
- Veterans and Victory
- Mt. Vesuvius, volcano in Italy that erupted in 79 AD destroying Pompeii.
- Virtue, value, volunteer, victory, vivid, vertical, vast
- VOCABULARY and VISA
- Violet and Virginia Bluebell
- The official state vegetable of Georgia is the Vidalia Onion.
- Saddle staplers have an inverted "V-shaped" saddle for stapling pre-fold sheets to make booklets.
- When explorers first arrived in Venezuela, they were reminded of Venice. They named the country "Little Venice," which translated into Spanish as Venezuela.
- A vigintillion has 63 zeroes
- A violin contains 70 separate pieces of wood.
- V-formation, called a skein, is the V-shaped flight formation of migratory birds.
- V- sign of peace
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
V is for Viburnum Plum Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy