- I-Beams are used as major support trusses in the construction industry.
- I is the most commonly used word in the English Language.
- The U.S. states starting with I are: Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, and Indiana.
- Indiana's capital Indianapolis also starts with an I
- Indy 500 -the annual car race held over the Memorial Day weekend at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana.
- Ivory is no longer used to make piano keys. They are now made of plastic, referred to as Ivorine. Keys that are made in one piece are plastic. If they are in two pieces, a head and a tail piece, they are probably real ivory. The piano would have to be over 50 years old for it to have real ivory keys, because that's when real ivory keytops were discontinued.
- IF is a mighty big word.
- I AM. The shortest sentence.
- Icicles, ideal, imagine, invigorate, inlet, imp, informal
- Italy, IBM and IRA's
- The dot over an i is called a tittle.
- In 1967, IMAX film system was invented by Canadian Grame Ferguson to premiere at Expo '67.
- Impatiens, iris, ivy.
- "skiing" is the only word with a double i.
- There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occurs six times: Indivisibility.
- Ides, the 15th day in March, May, July and October; the 13th in the other months.
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
I is for Ironwood Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy