- 55% of all movies are rated R
- Rhode Island is the only U.S. state starting with an R
- Rock 'n Roll - the dance we grew up with
- Root beer floats, 45 rpm records, hot rods
- R and B - combination of blues and jazz.
- Reuse, recycle, reduce, repair, responsibility
- Rocky Mountains and Rainbows
- The word "run" has 175 definitions.
- Ream, 500 sheets of paper
- Rule of Thumb, better than a guess
- Retirement, respect, remote control, rest, relaxation
- Red Rose and rhododendron
- Only numbers with three and four in them are spelled with R
- Rolls Royce
- Sign of a registered trademark: R inside a circle written as superscript following a name registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Three R's of fundamental education: Reading, 'riting, and 'rithmetic.
- Three R's of marketing: Reach, repetition, and relevance.
- Three R's of Franklin D. Roosevelt's efforts to fight the Great Depression were: Relief, recovery, and reform.
- Rune - any character from an ancient Germanic alphabet used in Scandinavia from the 3rd century to the Middle Ages. Each rune had its own magical significance.
- The winter months between September to April have Rs. May to August don't. The phrase is often used in the advice, "Don't eat oysters unless there's an R in the month." The oyster is unseasonable and unwholesome in all months that have not the letter R in their name.
- Renaissance, French word meaning 'rebirth.' A person who is clever at a large number of things is often called a Renaissance Man. Leonardo da Vinci, the painter, scientist, musician and philosopher, is the most famous Renaissance Man.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
R is for Redwood Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy