Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trivia and Adorably Elegant Mature Women

  • Vodka is Russian for "little water."
  • 90% of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.
  • A car traveling 100 mph would take more than 29 million years to reach the nearest star.
  • According to U.S. laws, a beer commercial can never show a person actually drinking beer.
  • All major league baseball umpires must wear black underwear while on the job.
  • At the closest point, the Russian and U.S. borders are less than two miles apart.
  • Male iguanas have two willies......hemipene.
  • Cast iron skillets used to be the leading source of iron in the American diet.
  • The Atlantic Ocean is saltier than the Pacific Ocean.
  • The "g" in g-string stands for groin.
  • Henry Ford, father of the automobile, is also the father of the charcoal briquette.
  • If you flip a coin ten times.......the odds against its coming up with the same side showing each time are 1,023 to 1.
Silly trivia fascinates the heck out of me.  Maybe that's why I save sentences that jump off the page right into my brain.  Someday when I go to 'eat my pie in the sky,' those who will go through my endearments will find scraps of inspiration in drawers, books, under the bed, and probably even in my shoes.  Or, if I stick around long enough I'll shred them, leaving no trail of where my brain has been.  

On a happier note, I invite my readers around the globe to please join me in wishing my girlfriend in Arkansas a top-notch milestone birthday today.  Her captivating personality warms and tickles the hearts of all who are gifted by her friendship.  If I was in Arkansas today, we'd clink our glasses, sip a bottle or two of that little water stuff, and laugh till we'd pee in our pants!