Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Today's Chuckle

Bill asked his friend, Mike, whether he had bought his wife anything for Valentine's Day.

"Yes," came the answer from Mike who was a bit of a chauvinist, "I bought her a belt and a bag."

"That was really kind of you, Bill added, "I hope she will appreciate the thought."

Mike smiled and replied, "So do I, and hopefully the vacuum cleaner will work better now."

*******

This reminds me of our dating days.  Our going together was well into its third year, and my 20th birthday was rolling around.  Our friends kept asking me, "Do you think you'll get a diamond for your birthday?"  

Well, my special day finally arrived, and he kept me in suspense right to the last minute.  I waited and watched out the window for that blue '57 Chevy to come flying in our yard.  My heart pounded like a jack hammer as I watched him get out of the car, open the back door, and retrieve my present ........a nifty Zebco Combo rod and reel.