Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Gold Violin

Yesterday a television commercial piqued my attention and led me to the website http://www.goldviolin.com/.  Man alive, this website offers all kinds of amazing products to help those of us who are experiencing the health issues that come hand in hand with our golden years.  All of the Gold Violin products are guaranteed to be of high quality, and their catalog invites easy shopping by health condition.....
  • Arthritis
  • Back Pain Relief
  • Diabetes
  • Foot Care
  • Hearing
  • Incontinence
  • Joint & Muscle Relief
  • Memory Loss
  • Mobility
  • Plus Size
  • Poor Circulation
  • Rehab & Recovery
  • Sleep Aides
  • Vision
Or, by category.....
  • Books & Games
  • Clothing & Accessories
  • Home Furnishings
  • Home Safety
  • Lights
  • Medication Organizers
  • Mirrors
  • Other electronics
  • Phones
  • Pillows & Cushions
  • Readers & Magnifiers
  • Shoes & Slippers
  • Supports & Braces
  • Travel & Auto
  • Walking Sticks
  • Warmth & Comfort
  • Watches & Clocks
Sure doesn't seem that long ago that I was wearing pantyhose and strutting around the office in high heels.  I always liked the sexy sling-style shoes with the strap in the back.  Well, there's definitely been an earthquake somewhere, cuz now I'm more interested in low shoes with gripper bottoms and velcro ties.  As for wearing pantyhose.......well, I'm never again gonna have to worry about 'getting a run' cuz I ain't ever gonna wear 'em again.  Along the line somewhere I've managed to gradually amend my standards to fit my comfort zone, and there's no doubt that these new standards fit me better than they ever did. 

"Age has given me what I was looking for my entire life--it gave me...me.  It provided the time and experience and failures and triumphs and friends who helped me step into the shape that had been waiting for me all my life...I not only get along with me most of the time now, I am militantly and maternally on my own side."  -Anne Lamott