Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Rah Rah Best Buy!

Gotta put on my cheerleader's outfit and get my pom-poms out.......just spent an hour on the phone with a Best Buy member of the Geek Squad helping me with a computer glitch.  When he solved my problem, I asked him if he was married.  There was a pause.  Then a laugh.  Then he said, "I'm single, ma'am."  I told him then that if I lived in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, I would insist on taking him out to lunch.  "Thank you so very much, ma'am." 

We cannot applaud the services of Best Buy Geek Squad enough.  They are johnny-on-the-spot ready to help and solve problems.  I think it's good to set off fireworks in support of those who are out there doing a  good job at what they do.  And, you can bet all the money in the bank that if I lived in Fort Lauderdale, I'd be picking this guy up right now and heading to the best seafood restaurant in town.....and, he could order anything his little heart desired. 

I asked him what the weather was like down there.  He said he carries a rag in his back pocket.  Hmmmm.....didn't catch on right away.  Then he explained the rag is to wipe the sweat off his face!

When our phone conversation ended, he wished me a great day and a very good year.  Now, that's what I call outstanding free service of Best Buy. 

By the way, if yesterday's blog piqued any one's interest as to why pileated woodpeckers don't get headaches, go to www.livescience.com/animals/070108_woodpecker_headache.html.

Tata for today.