Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11

Have been experiencing some problems with the comment section of my blog.  Am pleased to say that I've now zeroed in on the scampy cause and all is well in my blogsphere once again.  Whew!

We just finished a late breakfast of bacon, eggs, rolls, o.j. and coffee.  That will tide us over until suppy time.  The bacon really wasn't very good.  It tasted old, or a bit rancid.  My plate went back to the kitchen with uneaten bacon, and that will be donated to the Feathers and Fur Food Bank back of the house. 

We must have about four inches of fresh snow, and flurries are still in the air.  A good day to hunker down here and play the game of retirement.  How well I remember sitting at my desk all those years, dreaming of the day when I could stay at home on a wintry day like this and do whatever I darn pleased.  I'd better be grateful for answered prayers. 

Every January I devote one day to review and summarize our year's expenditures, print them to an easily accessible hard copy, and file in a 3-ring binder.  This binder serves as our entire record of insurances, bank accounts, investments, any and everything that our beneficiaries would need to have in the event of our untimely passing.  Having no children, we almost have to have something tangible for our beneficiaries to hand over to a lawyer to settle our estate.  How else would they know what companies they will need to deal with and what benefits would be due them.

My hubby is outside with the snowblower clearing our walks before the kiddies walk home from the school bus stop at the end of our street.  He lowered our flag to half-staff per President Obama's Proclamation that flags be flown half-staff until sunset, January 14, 2011, as a mark of respect for the victims of the senseless acts of violence in Tucson, Arizona, on Saturday, January 8, 2011.


A Sad America