Friday, October 08, 2010

Let's Go Somewhere.....Anywhere!

We're sitting here trying to decide what we should do with this gorgeous autumn day.  I'm wholeheartedly opposed to anything resembling work.   

This time of year we are inundated with fall festivals, church dinners, craft shows, leaf-looking tours, kids going to the pumpkin patches, sipping hot apple cider, roadside squash and gourd vendors, and baking pumpkin pies, pumpkin bars, and pumpkin cookies.  Scarecrows and witches and orange wreaths are everywhere, but my all-time favorite decoration is the witch that hits the light pole!

I'm thinking maybe the entire weekend should be spent on the road.  These nice weekends are numbered, and it's my philosophy to "make hay when the sun shines!"  Yesterday my hubby went fishing with a good friend.  He called me about 5 o'clock in the afternoon to see if I wanted fish for supper.  He wanted me to know (once again) that he would be more than willing to stop at McDonald's for fish sandwiches!!!!!  Maybe they didn't bring home their limits, but their day was filled with healthy hikes along the river, scouting out streams in hopes of finding the fishing hole where the lunkers lurk, and just having a good old-fashioned guy day.  Same-gender outings are priceless, good for the human soul and spirit.

Say, did you hear about the couple who goes into an art gallery?  They find a picture of a naked woman with only her privates covered with leaves.  The wife doesn't like it and moves on, but the husband keeps looking. 

The wife asks:  "What are you waiting for?"

The husband replies:  "Autumn."
*****

Today's Comment:  I got tired of looking at all those leaves in my yard, so I got up off the couch and went into action.  I closed the curtains.