- The "top 10" lists.
- The Ten Commandments that contain all that is necessary and no more than is necessary.
- If we look super good, we're a 10.
- A telephone number, including the area code has 10 digits.
- The Lord's Prayer is written in 10 stanzas.
- 10% tithing represents what is due from man to God.
- Bowling consists of 10 pins and 10 frames
- Our counting system is based on 10 because we have 10 fingers.
- 10% off sales.
- In baseball, there are always at least 10 players on the field at a time (including the batter).
- Counting from 1 to 10 before speaking is often done to cool one's temper.
- Basketball hoops are 10 feet high.
- A football team needs 10 yards for a first down.
- In blackjack, 10 is the most common card value.
- Next time you see an ad for watches, check the position of the hands. They are usually set to 10 after 10. This is a marketing ploy to display the watch's logo better and to create a smiley face with the hands.
- The U.S. Dept. of Transportation recommends the dashed lines on highways be painted 10 feet long.
- It takes 10 'lunar' months to bring a baby from conception into the world.
- The numbers 10-10-10 on a bag of fertilizer stand for the percentages of nitrogen, phosphate, and potash.
- The Texan 10-gallon hat.
- The dime that consists of 10 cents, 1/10th of a dollar.
- 10 years make a decade.
- 10 decades make a century....the amount of time before there will be another 10-10-10!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
This won't happen again for 100 years...the date 10-10-10, that is.
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy