Friday, September 24, 2010

Green Wins

I'm more convinced than ever that I need mental help.  Here it is early in the morning and already I've done an official M&M count.  Pretend there's a drum roll in the background.............3 red, 7 yellow,
 7 brown, 8 orange, 13 blue, and 17 green.  Why didn't I apply for a grant before conducting this revealing experiment?  Rats, it's too late now.

Which brings to mind the question.....where does all this grant money come from?  Is there an orchard of money trees somewhere that they're not telling us about?  Sure makes a person wonder, doesn't it.  According to my unvarnished mathematical skills, if my family owed trillions of dollars and we couldn't pay our creditors, what sense would it make to keep handing out money to anyone who asked for some?  And, more important, where the sam hell on earth would we get more money to keep doling out?

Today we are having a cupcake-baking frenzy here at the house.  I am helping put on a shower for the gal who is marrying our nephew, and I've offered to bake and decorate cupcakes for the event.  Our kitchen island is loaded with cake mixes, frostings, a variety of colored sugar flowers, and white nonpareils (fancy-shmancy sprinkles).  I'm making lemon, strawberry, and orange cupcakes with pink, yellow, blue, and orange frostings, and I even bought special white wedding cupcake cups.  They'll look so pretty when finally arranged on our cupcake tree.  Hope the bride-to-be will be pleased with the dainty desserts. 

Can't wait to get at the baking cuz I can use my new mixer for the first time.  Have gotten so lenient with myself that I don't even hold a hand mixer anymore.  You might say I'm saving myself for the long haul! 

There's been a very noticeable drop in temperatures overnight.  A storm front has passed through, leaving some areas close to us with inches of rainfall and flooding.  Last night the weather coverage showed people filling sand bags and water rushing down main streets.  Seems there's one natural disaster after another these  days all around the world.  Maybe the planet is getting angry with our polluting and changing of Mother Nature's natural systems.

Well, I think it's time for me to hand over the planet's problems to the Big Boy and rather aim my attentions to producing four dozen pretty little cupcakes.

Today's Trivia:  The best time for a person to buy shoes is in the afternoon.  This is because the foot tends to swell a bit around this time.