Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Zuchinni Hot Dish Recipe

The humidity is dreadful.  There's an eerie stillness to the trees this morning, along with the oppressive mugginess.    

My yesterday's pre-op testing is behind me, and I'm all set for the surgery next Monday.  I've been coached on what to expect, and now the rest is up to me and the doctor.  I'm ready. 

I'd like to pass on a recipe for a zuchinni casserole that we really enjoy at our house.  Tis the season to enjoy this plentiful squash, and it's nice to have a variety of ways to serve them. 

Zuchinni Hot Dish

Saute:  3/4 c. diced carrots
           1/2 c. onion
           6 T. butter or margarine

Add the above to 1 medium zuchinni, diced.
Add 1/2 c. sour cream, 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, and 2-1/2 c. seasoned croutons.  Bake at 350 for approx. 40 min.

Enjoy!