Sunday, August 01, 2010

Fascinating Anagrams

Yesterday I read the book "Bee Season" by Myla Goldberg.  It's a story about a young girl with amazing word-spelling ability who manages to win spelling bees.  On page 170 of the book is the sentence,  "Within EARTH, there is HEART."  Isn't that a wonderful anagram?  That's all it took for my mind to now be saturated with thoughts about words and phrases that have the same letters.  So far this morning I've found some really neat ones....

The eyes = they see

Tom Cruise = So I'm Cuter

Debit Card = Bad Credit

A Decimal Point - I'm a Dot In Place

Clothes Pins = So Let's Pinch

Dormitory = Dirty Room

Statue of Liberty = Built to Stay Free

Astronomer = Moon Starer

The United States of America = Attaineth Its Cause, Freedom

Conversation = Voices Rant On

Saddam Hussein = Human Sad Side

Eleven Plus Two = Twelve Plus One

Listen = Silent

A Domesticated Animal = Docile, As a Man Tamed It

Garbage Man = Bag Manager

Now I'm liked a caged tiger, wanting to sink my teeth into the fresh meat of new anagrams.  What should I do.......GOOGLE?   or   GO OGLE?

Ta-ta and have a sweet Sunday.