- F, failing grade
- As a loanword from Norwegian, "fjord" is the only word in the English language to start with the letters fj.
- Top-row F keys on computer keyboard are Function Keys.
- F = Farenheit. Farenheit is the official temperature scale still used in the United States. It was first proposed by a German physicist named Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit (1686-1736). Within his proposed scale, the freezing of water into ice is defined at 32 degrees, and the boiling point of water is defined at 212 degrees.
- Beautiful F words: freedom, forgiveness, friendship, fatherhood, facts, future, faith, family, favorite, feast, February, fate, fervent, fishing, flower, forest, fragrance, fragile and forget-me-nots.
- FAQ = frequently asked questions
- Fan is short for fanatic
- Four has 4 letters. No other number has this property in English such that the number of letters in the name equals the number.
- Remember the flat top?
- Fe, the atomic symbol for iron. The original name for iron was Ferrie.
- Florida is the only U.S. state that starts with an F.
- F = one of the four basic elements, fire.
- Fact and fiction, fizzle and frenzy, frump, fickle and fantastic
- French fries, flapjacks, floats, fritos, frosted flakes, and fudgsicles
- "Feedback" is the shortest word in English that has the letters a, b, c, d, e, and f.
- Most American car horns honk in the key of F.
- A fathom, is 6 feet and is used to measure the depth of water.
Friday, September 21, 2012
F is for Fig Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy