- D is the first letter of hubby's first name.
- 3 D's in Daddy.
- Dynamic D names were Doris Day, Walt Disney, and Lady Diana.
- D = 500 in Roman Numerals
- : D is an emoticon meaning happy toothy smile.
- Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin.
- Delaware and its capital Dover both start with D.
- D is next to a failing grade.
- D in the food packaging industry stands for Dairy.
- D is the 4th letter of the alphabet.
- D-Day was June 6, 1944, the day the troops landed in Normandy, initiating the Western Allied efforts to liberate mainland Europe from Nazi occupation during WWII. Since then, D-Day designates the day when some significant event will take place.
- Dwight David Eisenhower was President of the U.S. when I was a little girl. He was one of the highest U.S. military officers, and his codename was Duckpin.
- Do you remember Doo-Wah-Ditty-Ditty-Dum-Ditty-Doo, I'm so happy I don't know what to do!
- 3-D, three dimensional
- Remember the DA haircut?
- If your DNA was laid end to end, it would reach from the Earth to the Sun a hundred times.
- Do's and Don'ts
- Delaware was the first state to ratify the U.S. Constitution on December 7, 1787.
- Dutchman's Breeches, daffodils, daisies, dahlias, dandelions, delphinium
- Tongue Twister: If one doctor doctors another doctor, does the doctor who doctors the doctor doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors? Or, does he doctor the doctor the way the doctor who doctors doctors?
- The triangular mouth of the Nile River was called a "delta" because, like all rivers leading into the sea, it is shaped like the fourth Greek letter....Delta. Every delta in the world took its name from the Nile.
- The word 'dexter,' which refers to the right hand, is typed with only the left hand.
Sunday, September 09, 2012
D is for Dogwood Tree
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy