Thursday, March 08, 2012

From My Observation Tower


Am I correct when I say that most of us average Americans are sick and tired of the way our tax money is being spent?  Well, here's a situation I read about on the Internet this morning.  A 24-year-old gal in Michigan won the Lottery.  She won $1 million, took it in a lump sum, after taxes she pocketed over $500,000, bought a house and a car.

Before winning the lottery, she was receiving $200 a month in state food assistance.......and still is......after winning over a half a million dollars!

What?

Here's what she's quoted as saying, "I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't, I thought, maybe, it was OK because I'm not working."

Help me out here.  Where are the people who are doling out our money?  Are they sound asleep in a cave in Pakistan?  A Michigan resident who's on the state welfare roster wins a Michigan State Lottery and the Michigan State DHS workers don't hear about it? and don't take her off the welfare roster?

When asked if she thought she had a right to public assistance now, here's what she said:  "I kind of do.  I  have no income, and I have bills to pay.  I have two houses....It's hard.  I'm struggling."

No frickin' wonder we baby boomers are all on blood pressure pills and serotonin reuptake inhibitors.  There are a whole lot of people in this country who need one good, swift kick in the ass!

Whew!  Where are my pills..........