Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meanings of Dreams

Why in the world would I dream about an upperclassman back in my high school days when he was a senior and I was a freshman?  He was the genius type, not the gorgeous type.  He excelled in math, the teachers loved him, and I was scared to death of him.

Here's the gist of the dream.  He and I were in school together, and he invited me over to his home for noon lunch.  In my dream his family was very poor.  His mother put before me a plate of boiled potatoes sprinkled with salt. Out of respect, I ate the potatoes and thanked her for the good lunch.  Before leaving to go back to school, I asked her name.  She hesitated like she was trying to think up a name, and then said, "Betty."

This morning I came downstairs, poured me a cup of coffee, sprinkled a bit of dream dust on my laptop and googled www.dreammoods.com to see if I could make some sense of this sleep time scenario......

1.  To see people you know in your dream signifies qualities and feelings of them that you desire  for yourself.  (his mathematical genius)

2.  To see potatoes in your dream represents your earthiness and simplicity.  Also, the dream may be a metaphor that you are a couch potato. (remember my blog of a couple days ago?)

"A dream which is not interpreted
is like a
letter which is not read."