- calms the nervous system.
- promotes good sleep.
- reduces the number of thoughts going on inside our head.
- soothes muscles in the face, head, neck and shoulders.
- helps lower blood pressure.
- helps sinusitis...the vibration helps clear nasal passages and sinus pathways.
- slows down the breathing rate...research shows we normally breathe 15-17 in a minute, but humming can bring it down to 4-6 a minute.
- helps in clearing the vocal chords, giving our voice better tone.
- keeps the mind focused and less distracted by other things.
- replaces negative thoughts with ones that will rejuvenate our spirits.
- is a free and readily available therapy.
- should be done privately so we don't annoy others.
- and it offers a perfectly safe alternative to talking on the cell phone while driving.
If you plug your nose, you won't be able to hum.
If you plug your ears, you will enhance your hum.