Friday, August 19, 2011

Mother Nature Speaks So We Can See




MOTHER NATURE'S WAY OF WORDS
by Jessica S. Audet

Mother Nature
 spoke today.
I sat and listened to
 what she had to say.

Her words of wisdom were so strong.
Made me realize
I should do what's right,
never wrong.

The Earth's deep voice spoke aloud to me
Do not weep, young child, leave that to me.
For that, little one, is the job
of my weeping willow tree.

The wind's soft cry,
rang in my ears,
your love and beauty
 will go on for years.

Where you will go
others will follow,
Your thoughts are deep,
 never hollow.

The bird's sweet song
I needed to hear
Always go on,
live without fear.

For, one day
 you'll get to know
the wisdom and wonder
of the owl and crow.

The gentle smell of the flowers
gave me inspiration.
Made me see I need to go full out,
total dedication.

I need to show others
how I choose to be.
and by doing so,
I'll bring out the flower in me.

The mysterious waters
 of the ocean, so deep.
To believe is to feel,
To hold is to keep.

Little girl, one of many others.
Pass on your wisdom
to your sisters
and brothers.

The sun's powerful ways,
so fierce and strong
Brings everything together
in Mother Nature's beautiful song.

Everyone and everything in this world
plays its own part.
May my laughter and brightness of many years
find its special path to your wonderful heart.

Always go forth;
there is plenty to see
And if you need a light in your darkness,
Well, just leave that to me.

 Mother Nature