Now that we're coming up against another wobbly economy, maybe we ought to take a look at the kinds of gifts we are giving one another and what we are paying for them. Especially if a family's household budget is tight, it's senseless to keep buying gifts that cause additional hardship on the checkbook balance.
Some practical gift ideas we might consider......
- Home baked bread, with the recipe
- Basket with cheese and fruit
- Decorative napkins
- Gardening gloves along with a packet of flower seeds
- Pancake mix and a bottle of real maple syrup or blueberry syrup
- Movie theater gift certificates
- Note cards and book of stamps
- Personal drawing or photograph in a frame
- Muffin mix with muffin pan
- Handwritten copies of your favorite recipes
- Jig-saw puzzle
- Homemade cookies
- Package of pistachios
- Magazine the recipient would enjoy. Roll it up and tie it with a pretty ribbon.