Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Day

I personally think today should be called Daddy's Day, cuz it doesn't necessarily take an honorable man to be a Father.  But....it sure does take an honorable man to be a Daddy.  On this day set aside for daddies, I pay tribute to mine.  I was 34 and he was 71 when cancer cruelly took him from us.
  • He never said anything bad about anyone. 
  • He and I went fishing together after Sunday Mass.  He wouldn't let me take a bullhead off the hook cuz he didn't want my little hands to get stuck by their whiskers.
  • He held my little finger with his little finger in church when we all stood up.
  • He told jokes and had a great sense of humor.
  • He had two pet names for me.
  • He was very kind to our farm animals and brought orphans and runts into our house to keep them warm and care for them.  
  • He had small hands and wore size 8-1/2 shoes.
  • He worked very hard, wore overalls in the fields, and his dark complexion got really tanned in summer.  Where his shirt sleeves ended, his arms went from white to a reddish brown.
  • He always thanked Mom for the meals she made for us.
  • He spoke English, Czech, and German.
  • He could work algebra problems when I was in high school.
  • He was handsome and kind.
  • He had a hard life, but never complained.
Oh, I could go on and on about the guy.  Guess I was one of the lucky ones.  When I read the horror stories about fathers who are mean to their children, well, I am so terribly sad.  Daddy brought peace to our family by simply being here.  When he died, we crumbled apart. 

"Happy Daddy's Day" to all you great guys out there who love and respect your children, fur-children, and grandchildren.  We honor you today for being our nation's foundation.

The fuzzy one wants to say something this morning.......

"Happy Daddy's Day to Mine Daddy
 from your Little Mutt!!!
I wuv you.
Thanks for being so good to me!
(One licky kiss)