Friday, May 06, 2011

Nestle's Chocolate Chip Cookies

It seems that no matter how old "little boys" grow to be, there's nothing they like better than homemade chocolate chip cookies. 

This plate of Nestle's cookies came out of my oven yesterday afternoon, and when my hubby walked in the back door he knew right off the bat that my domestic side must've kicked in.  Baking is fun, but it's not something I do very often.  Society has us brainwashed to wear guilt if we consume such a terrible thing as a cookie!!

But, once in awhile, a person has to cut the string and let our kite fly to the sky and figure to heck with it.  I figure that chocolate chips were put on this earth for a purpose, and that purpose was not to sit idly in my kitchen cupboard.  Lots of times I see WWJD.......What Would Jesus Do?  Well, I think He would say bake 'em, invite me over, and let's have a good time.  That's what He'd say.  And, I'm pretty sure He wouldn't stop at just one, two or even three.

Today I'm off on a frolic.  Six of us girls are heading out of town to eat lunch at a Red Lobster to celebrate one birthday.  We celebrate each of our birthdays, but this time we're pulling the plug and really celebrating.  If one is a seafood lover like me, Red Lobster's food is consistently delicious.  Their service is impeccable, as well.  The problem is trying to decide what to order.  It will be that last-minute decision that I'll quickly have to make when the waiter is standing by our table.

Friends are life's most precious blessings.  Without our friends, we would be like empty jars...just sitting around, waiting to fall off the shelf and break.  I'm so thankful for the people in my life, both genders, who laugh with me, talk with me, email me, smile or wave at me.  None of us realize just how important a simple communique can be. 

If you are my friend, and you know who you are, please know that I love and value you.  Life would be tasteless without you and your wonderful personality.  You flavor my world!

Have a sweet day!