- A trillion is a million million.
- A thousand billion.
- It's a one followed by 12 zeroes.
- Stack a trillion pennies one on top of another, and you have 986,426 miles of pennies. That is nearly three times the distance from the earth to the moon.
- A trillion seconds is 31,688 years.
- It would take a military jet flying at the speed of sound, reeling out a roll of dollar bills behind it, 14 years before it reeled out one trillion dollar bills.
- If your annual salary or wage is $50,000, it would take you 20 millon years to earn a trillion dollars.
- A person given $1 million a year to spend would need 1 million years to blow a trillion dollars.
- Counting to a trillion at a rate of one number per second (no sleeping) would take almost 32,000 years.
- Think of it this way. A thousand seconds is a coffee break, a million seconds is a vacation, a billion seconds is a career, and a trillion seconds is 310 centuries!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Challenge #36 - Stop Spending
Posted by Nature Weaver Gypsy