Friday, April 01, 2011

Challenge #23: Be On Your Toes

There oughta be a "bad-word beeper" on my blog dashboard, cuz you'd be hearing 'em this morning!

I live with a prankster.  It was literally seconds after I came to my senses this morning that I was told, "Boy, it's really snowing outside."  My ladylike response, of course, was, "You gotta be shittin' me."  Then he innocently says, "Either that or it's April 1st."

Phuque!

The worst part is that I have to be nice to the guy today because we're heading for his second 90-minute dental appointment.  What kind of wife would hold a grudge and be nasty to a husband with a numbed mouth!  (hmmmmmm....maybe I'll have to re-think this a little bit.)

Okay, I got that off my chest.  Now, let's get down to the real nuts and bolts of my day thus far......and, that is the priceless element to any human relationship......humor.  I can snit and snart all I want about getting fooled so early in the day, but I love it and, of course, this puts the ball in my court.  Don't think for a hot second that my wheels won't be spinning.  I shall bide my time and strike when he least expects it. 

Do you want to know what he did to me one Sunday morning after we first got married?  I was walking around downstairs in a short red neglige' when he grabbed me, tossed me out on the front porch, and locked the door.  He had waited until church was over and a steady stream of cars was driving by our house.  There I stood, looking like a matador's cape flopping around out there in broad daylight, while he was in the house laughing his ass off.  I ran around to the back door, but the wise bird managed to have that locked, too.

Oh, yes, my friends, he's a little jokester, all right!