Monday, February 07, 2011

My Tribute to Christina Aguilera

Have I ranted about anything lately?

Whether I did or not, I'm gonna have me a good rant today.  It's about time we Americans stand up for each other and not let the media make fun of us.

Minutes after Christina Aguilera sang the National Anthem before the Super Bowl game last night, the Internet had headlines about her "botching the national anthem something fierce."

If I don't get this off my chest, I'll have a cardiac infarction, or whatever it's called.  Why are we Americans so quick to criticize, ridicule, make fun of, and demean one another?  So what if the words were switched around or omitted entirely.  All that really mattered was the crowd standing in honor and love of our country's flag.  The lady was in front of billions of people, doing her best, trying her best, and the last thing on earth she wanted to do was forget the words.  Instead of criticism, she should be getting our human understanding and praise for having the guts to stand up there in front of the world to lead us in patriotism in the first place.

Oh, I get steamed at stuff like this.  Which one of the media persons has never made a mistake, uttered the wrong word, made the wrong facial expression, or stumbled when walking up or down steps.  Why can't we feel compassion and show compassion instead of throwing stones.  I don't know about the rest of humanity, but thoughts slip my mind faster than I get them sometimes.  I can be in the middle of a sentence, and all of a sudden I have no frickin' idea what I was going to say.

So, on behalf of Christina Aguilera, I say she did a beautiful job of singing for us, she did her very best to lead us Americans in a few minutes of silence, which is an accomplishment by itself.

If I want to be 100% in the open, I couldn't explain what the "ramparts" are in the National Anthem anyway and so what if a few words were omitted.  For god sake, Christina suffered enough embarrassment without the media splashing this on the page and screen.  If I could have one wish in this world fulfilled before I pass on to the pie in the sky, it would be that people would be nicer to each other.  Why can't we come to grips that the person standing next to us is a mirror image of ourselves.....a walking, talking, and feeling human being dropped onto this earth like a chicken lays an egg.

What can possibly hurt us more than unkind words?  I'm trying very hard to think of an answer.............

There!  I feel better.