Monday, January 03, 2011

A Dream and a Slow Dance

Man alive, what causes a person to have dreams!

This morning I woke up after spending the night fishing, of all things.  I was fishing off of a floating dock with my trusty rod and reel, pulling in fish that were so huge that my dad had to help me pull em in.  Then my dream switched gears, and all the boats were gone and the water was rapidly rising, and I was in serious trouble.

I told my hubby about the big fish I was catching overnight, and wouldn't you know it.  He smarted off, "Well, if you can't do it, you gotta dream it!"  What a skunk.  Always teasing me about my fishing abilities.


Today is a pretty special day in our household, cuz 47 years ago we went out on our first official date.  We went to a teen hop to see the Trashmen who sang, "The Bird."  I can't help but wonder what it's like these days to look for a mate online versus the rigmarole we went through back then.  One thing for sure, though.  There's no way that our first slow dance could ever be experienced over the Internet.  And, let me tell you, it was s---l---o---w!