Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Christmas Day is behind us, yet ahead of us lies another family celebration.  Scheduling get-togethers is no easy task these days with both spouses working one or more jobs, plus countless other scheduling conflicts.  So, we're happy to have two of my nieces and their families coming over for some silly gift exchanging, munching on the pot-luck goodies that will more than fill the kitchen island, and an afternoon of plain old-fashioned fun. 

Last evening I put on my apron and played the role of Mrs. Domestic and baked three dozen crescent rolls (not the ones in the tube).  They can be eaten alone with butter or for making sandwiches out of the bone-in ham that will be going in the oven in about an hour.  Now that the generation before us is gone, I find myself clinging to some of their memorable holiday contributions to our Christmas table.

At this very moment where I live, night is trading places with day.  I've said before, this is the most magical time of day.  With the snap of a finger, one minute it's dark.....then it's light.  Isn't our universe an incredibly accurate timepiece?  Just can't get over my fortune to have been born into this world filled with so many marvels and equally as many mysteries. 

I'm taking the liberty of sharing a photograph that our dear friends sent to us a few nights ago.  Notice how their nativity scene is brought to life with the full moon shining in through their bay window on a crisp wintry night.  I feel it's too beautiful a picture not to share with my readers around the world.  As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.....

All is calm.....all is bright!