Friday, November 12, 2010

Word Artillery


We are living in a fast-paced society that's gaining momentum every day, so it seems to me.  I must say that I kinda get a kick out of the new words being used by our younger generations, like...... 

chillax (verb) :  chill and relax

porching (verb) : to spend time on a porch

stinkeye (noun) : a dirty look

befuzzel (verb) : to confuse and bewilder

squozen (verb) : nonstandard past participle of 'squeeze'

vollie (noun) :  one who volunteers

frocs (noun) :  shoes that look similar to Crocs, immitation Crocs

frood (noun) : an organized and attractive person

scrumdiddlyumptious (adjective) : very delicious

hunkalicious (adjective) : attractive and muscular  (oooh, I like that one)

boomeritis (noun) : injury or pain resulting from exercise among baby boomers.

Oh, there are gobs more, but these I think I can quite easily incorporate in my daily conversation.  I want to stay hip, for heaven's sake.  And, that's another thing........when we were teenagers, we were "hip" if we were way cool and up on things.  Then the term "hippy" came to identify a group of young people who ventured away from the norm and took a carefree-and-don't-tell-me-what-to-do lifestyle.  Now, when I look in the mirror, the word "hippy" presents me with yet another completely different meaning.

So, next time we see each other, please don't get befuzzeled, or give me a stinkeye, if you see me wearing my frocs.  My toes are tired of being squozen in regular shoes!  Due to my boomeritis, today I'm simply going to chillax and fantasize about a hunkalicious frood.  I think it's too cold outside for porching, so will stay indoors.  Maybe we'll start the oven and bake something scrumpdiddlyumptious.  It's okay for me to do all this, cuz I did my vollie work earlier in the week.

Ta-ta!

A Bit of Humor:   The bride said she wanted three children, while the young husband said two would be enough for him.  They discussed this discrepancy for a few minutes until the husband thought he'd put an end to things by saying boldly, "After our second child, I'll just have a vasectomy."  Without a moment's hesitation, the bride retorted, "Well, I hope you'll love the third one just as if it's your own."