Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bee-Bopping Boogie!

Brain block.  That's what I have.  Maybe--just maybe--my mind is festering away with the heebie-jeebies, don't know.  Regardless, as a way to unlock my badly boggled brain, I asked my hubby to choose one letter from the alphabet and I'd blog about that letter.  He suggested B.

B is the first letter of my maiden name.  This gives me immediate thoughts about getting married and girls relinquishing their family name.  That's a hard thing to do.  One day we're one person.  The next day we're someone else.  Almost like an identity theft.  Nowdays girls can choose to stay with their maiden names.  The rules have laxed big time in most areas of being. 

The letter B is actually quite versatile, isn't it?  There are the insects we call bees.  There are spelling bees.  Quilting bees.  Toy guns shoot BBs.  The word "be" itself lends integrity to many classic quotations, such as "I've got to be me" and "To be or not to be."

Who decided to make the silent b in words, such as:  bomb, climb, crumb, comb, debt, doubt, dumb, lamb, limb, numb, plumber, subtle, thumb, tomb, and womb.  Actually, when a person thinks about it, our brains have to be mega-byted to be able to learn the intricacies of the English language, and imagine those who are multi-lingual like my daddy.  He spoke English, Czech and German.  Baffling!

There's the beloved BLT sandwhich that would really be nothing too satisfying without the B component.  I suppose that would be the vegetarian version.  Quite blah.

It's mind-boggling how the English language is made up of only 26 letters.  And, all the numbers are made out of just 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 numerals.  Kinda cool that the first number that is spelled with a "b" is billion

This blog is silly, but it just goes to show how easy it is to unlock the brain.  I was able to come up with a daily blog by focusing on one of the 26 letters of the alphabet.  And, now the rest of the day my curious mind will be bouncing and bubbling because of that beckoning letter B.

Am going now to butter my banana bread for breakfast and be on my way for the day.  I'll leave with a bright thought......."Beautiful blue butterflies bask boisterously by a babbling brook."

Bye-bye and be careful not to get bit by a bumblebee or get hit by a BB!