Monday, June 07, 2010

Clouds and Cobwebs


The dew fairies must've been up all night, cuz our lawn was glittering this morning. Mother Nature is at work 24-7, always leaving something for us to marvel about. Come to think about it, dew goes pretty much unnoticed unless the lawn needs mowing or something as pretty as this cobweb appears.

Paid bills today and sorted through stacks of envelopes that accumulate in no time. So much junk mail. One has to be careful not to throw something important away. Paying bills is so much easier now that I've bitten the proverbial bullet and taken to cyberspace banking. Whether it's a smart idea or not, I don't know, but what it saves me in time and stress, it's gotta be worth it. Now instead of spending hours balancing my checkbook and looking a frickin' nickel, I just push buttons and put my faith in the banking gods. I've laid to rest my Type A behavior and am now enjoying life as a Type F (frivolous).

You know, I can remember back to the first time I ever saw a credit card. A good friends of ours took us out for pizza, and he said he'd pay for our pizza. He walked up to the counter, took out his billfold, and handed the gal, what I later learned was, a credit card. He laughed and said, "I'm paying with plastic." I had no idea what that meant or how it worked. Now, of course, I wouldn't want to go anywhere without my piece of plastic. It's not that I'm a "charger," but some places only take plastic, and I don't carry cash.

Big puffy white clouds today. Looks like dollops of whipped cream floating in the sky. It's such a nice day that my husband is going to go fishing after awhile. He's had the itch all day. I had the chance to go with him, but sometimes it's good for men to get away from their main squeeze for awhile and spend time with other guys. Think I'll fix something good for supper while he's gone. There's a pound of hamburger in the fridge that I can do something with. Over the years I've collected lord knows how many cookbooks. The sad part is that now I wouldn't even need them with the Internet. Usually I go to http://www.tasteofhome.com/ and can find something that will curb the cravings.

One of my favorite summer treats is the good old root beer float! Man, if I knew I was going to die tomorrow, I'd fix me one in a bucket. I miss the A & W's with the frosted mugs. Car hops, trays hooked to car windows, and Elvis singing 'Love Me Tender."

Such fun!